Julie 'n Pete

Friday, June 11, 2010

plants and sunshine; it's the simple things...

I did mention that I'd be posting about the front yard next, but I need to take some pictures first. This morning when Sam and I headed out, I took some pictures of my little garden in my back yard and on my back deck. It's really doing so well this year. I love to just go out and look at it. Strange? A little perhaps, but for me being able to observe God's creation in this way, and seeing the fruit of my labor is very special to me somehow. My garden was terrible last year, so this year I'm enjoying it!


Sam with his new toy, (thrift store find!)


Sage.


Parsley and Cilantro, (don't ask me which one is which!)


Yummy basil.


Spinach, lettuce and beets.


Tomatoes, peppers and beans. The rose in the center was here when we moved here. It has nasty thorns, but it is lovely!


Green beans, mmmm!


Tomatoes and peppers.


A red rose in bloom! I planted this one.


A tiny tomato. I LOVE tomatoes fresh from the garden. I can't wait for these to plump up and turn red!



My little man working on that walking. Such a little boy these days for sure.

Wow, that's two posts in 3 days! Must be because mom is here:-) She's such a blessing!

2 Comments:

  • nice! Lookin' good! And the last post's pics are SO cute! Love his little green out-fit! :D

    By Blogger Jivian Vudith, at 10:01 PM  

  • What a beautiful garden! I love it. Gotta love that cute little guy too, of course. Aren't children such a gift!

    By Anonymous Karen, at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home